I'm very concerned as should all Americans be that the President of the United States of America just ordered the firing of the CEO of General Motors, who by all measures is a fantastic executive which just happens to be currently piloting the Titanic after it has already hit the iceberg.
As much as everyone in this country truly wants the automakers to survive, I fear that the only true way of surviving is to file for bankruptcy so that they can get out of from under all of the ridiculous contracts that they have been writing for the last 60 years.
Let me make this clear, I'm not rooting for bankruptcy I just believe that ultimately that would be best.
I heard Hugh Hewitt today put like this "they are a benefits company that happens to make cars". I think that sums it up pretty nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment